Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cycling addiction

Yes. I thought I'd join the blog world finally. I'll try to avoid the usual self-promotion B.S. as much as possible. But we all know how these cycling blogs read.

My wife say's I'm a cycling addict. I find it hard to disagree, but is it such a bad thing? I don't smoke, do drugs, or drink. There are much worse addictions, right? I've got a 13 year old daughter and 11 year old son, and have spent more time with them than my Father ever spent with my brother and I when I was a kid. I'm probably lacking in the husband department, but I know I'm not alone there. Carla is the best thing that ever happened to me, hands down. She keeps me grounded, and our family healthy and wise. It's just that I've developed this selfish obsession with cycling. Getting my son, Jordan, involved has helped, but I'm still taking a lot of flack.

Those who know me, know I don't do anything half way. All-in or fold. It may seem like I'm seeking some justification, and maybe I am. I just hate feeling guilty about my 15 hour a week habit.

I always enjoy sharing other "family" men in the cycling community, particularly Macy and Schmeichel. The 3 of us can really get each other laughing about how useless we are around the house.

No comments: