Thursday, June 03, 2010

River Falls TT #3

Had some company this go round in Dan Casper and Jonathan Toftoy. Conditions were ideal with calm sunny skies. I went first, followed by Jordan a minute later. Once we were finished, Casper started in front of Toftoy by 1 minute.

I rolled good, but still expected Jordan to pass me like last time. At the turn around point, Jordan was much further back than I expected, and out of this aero position. I had a feeling he was having issues with his right leg again. I finished, and had to wait quite a while before Jordan came in. My suspicions were correct that his leg was slowing him down again. Bummer.

I figured Toftoy and Casper to beat my time by around 2 minutes. I was off by a minute. They really flew over the course. Casper stayed away from Toftoy on the challenging course. Toftoy drew back 20 seconds on Dan, but not close to catching him. Incredible rides by both.

Results (12.78mi, 600ft elevation gain):
1. Toftoy: 28:14
2. Casper: 28:34
3. Jimmer: 31:21 (PR by 19 seconds)
4. Jordan: 33:25

Jordan has been stretching, but it obviously isn't enough. Last week, prior to the TNT, he got a Sports Massage at the Fix Studio, and that seemed to make a world of difference. Looks like sports massages will become a more routine thing for Jordan from now on.

No comments: