Sunday, February 01, 2009

My good friend, Chris Doig


This is a shot of my friend, and now teammate, Chris Doig. I've known Doig since he started out back in the mid 90's. Now he's married, with a baby girl, and still loving the bike.

Up until today, I had only raced with Chris. Today was my first training ride of many with Chris. Unfortunately, our ride got split up, I missed a turn, and ended up riding solo. It's all good though. Doig rode hard tempo, challenging Jordan in my absence.

Eventually, Jordan went down on the icy trail. Now he'll have another scar on his knee to remind of the day he first rode with Doig, and ditched his dad in the process.

As usual, my favorite part of these Sunday rides in hitting Sebastian Joe's post ride. However, when I got there, no Doig. He had more important things to do like be a good husband and father. Maybe next time.

FYI: This is a sarcastic post to appease Doig's desire to make mention in one of my blog posts. You're welcome Chris.

No comments: