Friday, June 05, 2009

20 Years Ago Today


Fate brought Carla and I together. It was hospitality workers night at the swanky Pacific Club in the Lumber Exchange Building. Carla was managing a restaurant at the time, and showed up for the $1 domestics. I was a college senior on the prowl, and spotted her across the dance floor. I asked her to dance, we talked, and exchanged digits. Your basic fairytale stuff.

2 days later, I dropped in at the restaurant she managed in Hudson, WI. From there, it was a whirlwind of romance. Engaged 5mos. later, married after 1 year.

Lovin' every minute of it.

8 comments:

Meow said...

You don't hear stories like that very often-that is fantastic!!

Jake said...

You need to bring the spike hairstyle back in horor of your 20 years.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! You've been a member of our family for nearly 20 years?! I think I need to go lie down.....

SJN

Kristy Kreme said...

What's Carla doing with Ivan Drago? C'mon, be honest....you swept her away ringside after the Rocky fight, right?

Congrats you two!

Anonymous said...

Nice guns. Carla, that's some sweet hair too.
Congrats to both? Is 20 silver? No wait, it's china. Maybe you should GO to China.
BK

cj said...

BK took the words out of my mouth, look at the pipes on that dude. Congrats to the 2 of you.
cj

All The Way Ray said...

I think we'll talk about this extensively at Black Dog:)

Painman said...

Say big Jim....could you help with these heavy bags.

Thats' why Jim used to think Carla was taller, it's all in the hair.

Here's to 20 more!