Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another 318 ride on the books.

I joined Painman at 318 today, for the ride into downtown and back. Warmer than yesterday, and sunny. Bernie joined us again, and Patrick rode out from downtown.

I rode my MTB today, which I would later regret. It allowed us to stay on the snow covered trails, but I was completely wiped at the end of the ride.

Both Patrick and Bernie managed to fall today. Bernie has studded tires, and still went down. I guess Painman and I were blessed today.

We spotted Ron Gallas and Timmer on the Greenway on our way into town. Then we made our way to the Birchwood Cafe, to which I had never been. It's a pretty cool place. I had a monster piece of Hawaiian Banana Bread. I'll have to hit it sometime for a real meal.

Getting started again from Birchwood was a bit of a shock to the system. We quickly noticed the cold north wind, plus we lost the sun. It took a several miles to get warm again.

The ride back to 318 was uneventful, except that Patrick decided to stay with us and make another round trip. We just couldn't believe it. Once we got back to the 318, you couldn't convince me to ride another mile, and he had another 25 left to get home, plus it was getting dark. He wouldn't even accept a ride home. We were all very humbled today by his effort.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

they fell? you guys going off road? it was a shrinkage kinda day but ronny and i manage 3 hours.. with only one coffee shop stop.. looks like it's time to wax the skiis

good talk, see you out there

JimmerC said...

They fell on the unpaved section West of Hopkins. This snow blows. I'm off today, and stuck on the trainer. Damn.

Unknown said...

no skiing? you have Willow SP in your hood.. the best XC skiing east of the Mississippi, south of Hwy 8, north of 94, west of 63.. cripes