Thursday, September 27, 2007

Boom Island

I finally made it to a Boom Island Cyclocross practice. It was a great workout. I listened to Dag give a couple tips, but I really just wanted to ride as much as possible. I warmed up for quite a while with Painman. I saw Casper riding during Dag's lesson, so I took the opportunity to jump on his wheel. I had a good hour of riding in before the 30 minute practice race. The bike felt very comfortable, and soooo much faster than my mountain bike. In the race, I wasn't able to keep pace with Casper and the front group, but I was very happy. Even better, no falls. The course had a tree root that I had no trouble bunny hopping, so I even tried hopping one of the barriers just for fun. I cleared it with my front tire, but tapped it with my rear and knocked it over. If it was a real barrier, it probably would have been an endo. I won't be trying that for real, any time soon.

No comments: