Saturday, October 06, 2007

Cross Country Meet in Eau Claire, then a Long Ride Home


Maren (on the right) just after the start.


Maren sprints past a rival to the finish, as Carla and Jordan cheer in the background.

Yep, another cross-country meet, this time in Eau Claire, WI. Maren did great, taking 47th out of 147 JV girls. Her time was 19:51, and was the 3rd Hudson High girl to finish. Way to go Maren! Click here for results.


Afterwards, I rode home to Hudson. Man was it hot out, and a strong south crosswind to boot. Just like when I rode home from Chippewa Falls last week, being unfamiliar with the area, I had to find quiet roads. This time I stayed south of I94, and went home through Downsville, Elmwood, and Spring Valley. The bright sun was showing off the fall colors, not quite peak, but still great. I'm really loving these point to point rides I've been getting in lately, especially when I get to try out new roads.

1 comment:

GoBigGreen said...

We rode down south of Rosemount saturday and wow, it was hot and yes there was wind. But soak it up, better that we dont have windchills, yet.
Congrats to Maren and Jordan:)