Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Ride Recap


Jordan and I arrived late, so I got Jordan ready first and sent him with the group. Red Lantern waited from me, and then Skibby, who was also late. We hammered to the Mendota Bridge, only to catch up to Doug Swanson fixing a flat. I told them to keep going while I waited for Doug with another guy. Once we got rolling again, Doug hammered us into the ground, until the other guy finally sat up. We backed off, but I still managed to slide out on a bridge and tear up my hip a bit.

Once we caught up to the group, it was mostly single track from there. I hadn't ridden the river bottoms in about 15 years. Jordan loved it. A lite snow was coming down, giving the trail a slippery coating, which caused a lot of guys to slide out in a few corners, including Jordan. No injuries. We lost Skibby somewhere along the way. He must have turned back early. Jordan also managed to slip a foot into the river boarding the floating bridge.

Once we got to the Old 169 bridge, we turned around and headed back. About half way back to the float bridge, I thought we had dropped Red Lantern. I waited for a bit, then back tracked back to the turn around, but no Red Lantern. I knew it was going to be a long lonely ride back. By the time I got to the float bridge, the entire group had crossed and was gone. I was glad to see Jordan continued on with the group. I didn't want him waiting around for me getting cold.

Finally, I caught up to Mean Dawg at the end of the trail, all by his lonesome. He looked pretty tired. I would have ridden in with him, but I needed to get back to Jordan ASAP. When I got back to the lot, Jordan was with Red Lantern in his truck, getting warm. I guess he wasn't behind like I thought. Oh well. Good thing, because he took care of Jordan in my absence. Thanks buddy.

5 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

favors and thanks returned all in one ride

you waited for me -- in return, i made sure jordan got back and stayed warm.

btw, jordan, i have your one sock. hope the toes are warm now and hopefully you got a bit more food than a lousy gel pack. you did great

Skibby said...

I had no front brake and had to make fred flintstone stops everytime I got close to someone, so Big Dave and I went home. Good thing too, I didn't waste myself so I can train tomorrow. Big Dave and I will be riding from Minnehaha Saturday at 10:00 if anyone is interested.

Happy T-Day

Anonymous said...

It was a blast! It was funny coming up on a wipe out mark...knowing somebody in front of you slid out and was in some pain...
-muyres

SickBoy said...

jordo can singletrack like a pro. I suppose being 5'4" and 85 lbs helps.... he just snakes on through....

Anonymous said...

thanks for coming jimmer and jordan,

Get that kid to KC in december. Stars and Stripes?