Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Workout


Maren wanted me to take her Cross Country Skiing for weeks now, and we finally got out today at Willow River State Park. She tried it briefly in the back yard, but to really get the feel, I knew she needed to get on some groomed trails.

She completely exceeded all expectations. I thought we would clash a bit as she learned the proper technique, but she was an excellent student. She listened to everything I told her, and executed brilliantly. Attitude is everything, and she was super positive. She figured it out so quickly, that I was able to ski myself, and she kept up no problem. She kept saying how much fun it was. I definitely agreed.


Willow River State Park has beautiful trails that follow along side the Willow River. We even saw a Bald Eagle. What a perfect Christmas Eve experience with my daughter.

2 comments:

Doc said...

Great way to spend Christmas Eve morning--I did the same, but didn't get to bring a pretty girl along (Soulmate slept in).

We're heading to the cabin tomorrow, so Suomi Hills is on the docket. Lots of Ks skiing, and not a bike in sight for me this week.

JimmerC said...

Keep burning those calories Doc. I'd ski more myself this week, except I've got a cycling milestone to meet. More skiing after the 1st of the year.