Saturday, December 01, 2007

Got a little nippy going through the pass, uh Harr?


Classic line from "Dumb and Dumber". See the YouTube link below.

I took off this morning on my Cross Bike, with the intention of doing the Prescott Loop, knowing full well a snow storm was moving in. The snow started about 15 minutes in, and the ESE wind was brutal heading down the MN side to Prescott. By the time I got to Prescott, there was a solid 1" on the roads. I stopped, warmed back up, and called Carla to let her know I was cold, but forging on to finish the loop.

By the time I got to River Falls, the roads were getting tough to navigate. I had lights on, and traffic was very lite, but I was slipping all over the place. My speed kept dropping more and more all the way home. I ended up averaging a sluggish 13mph, with 4 hours in the saddle. It was tough, but there was no way I could have lasted that long on the trainer. I'll take my miles anyway I can get them this time of year.

When I got home, the kids were playing in the driveway on the mini bike, and building a snow pile dubbed Mount Cullen. You gotta love a snow storm on the weekend, especially the first one of the year.




Classic Scenes from "Dumb and Dumber"

Jordan playing in the snow

Maren couldn't miss out on the fun

3 comments:

OTR said...

Sounds familiar. I had quite a battle out there too.

Jay Tegeder said...

Riding in conditions like that... Slipstream might want to sign you up for Paris Roubaix... The Belgians would applaud you.

Donimator said...

I think I have seen that bike before