Tuesday, January 08, 2008

82 Phone Messages

Maren checked her cellphone today to find 82 voicemail messages from her friends. I don't even think I know 82 people.

They identified the infection as a form of Strep, the most common in cases of Pneumonia. She gets her chest tube out of Wednesday. She's still a bit spaced out, and really wants to get out of the hospital.

I finally got Carla to let me relieve her from her bedside vigil. She had been in the hospital 24/7 since Saturday night, except for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon. Knowing her, she's probably as home right now doing laundry. The woman never rests.


One cool thing is Maren's hospital room has a great view of the James J. Hill mansion. She can't really enjoy it, but it's cool nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left a girlfriend 82 phone messages once, she broke up with me the next day.

dg said...

Great news! I hope all continues to go well and the recovery is speedy.