Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'll do anything for Maren

Maren is still having a rough time. She is finally off the oxygen, but her protein levels are still too high, meaning she is still pretty sick. There is a very small chance she could go home Friday, but probably not. Poor kid.

When I got there today, Maren was sleeping. While I was sitting there, she opens her eyes and says "Dad, will you get me Arby's?" She hasn't been eating hardly anything, so I said sure. The only problem was I didn't have a car, and the nearest Arby's is in Town Square about 10 blocks away. I ran all the way there and back, and delivered a hot toasted sub and curly fries. She ate a few fries, and took one bite of the sub, and that was all she could handle. I felt so bad for her. Then, as she got up to go to the bathroom, she threw up a little. What a bummer.

She took some antacid, and felt better. She even went for her first walk. We had her laughing a little before I left, which was good. She hasn't smiled much all week. Sadly, even when she does go home, she'll still have Pneumonia. It will take a few weeks for her to completely recover.

Carla has slept at the hospital every night since Saturday night, and will keep doing so until Maren comes home. Running to Arby's and back doesn't hold a candle to that kind of loving care.

3 comments:

paul said...

Jimmer, I barely know you, and all I was doing was googling TNT c4 (a bmx bike) and somehow google routed me over to your blog , which I don't read very often... oh man, I hope your daughter's feeling better. It sounds like she's beating the infection. I have a beautiful daughter that I love. She's 3 1/2 years old. I remember seeing your post about your beautiful daughter going on the sadie hawkins dance, and I just about got tears in my eyes. Give her another hug from all the dad bike racers out there. And thanks for writing such a great blog. Paul McKinney

Anonymous said...

Your all pretty lucky to have each other. You've done a great job raising your kids to be young adults.

JimmerC said...

Thanks Paul and Chad. Everyone has been so supportive during this. We really appreciate it.