Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'll take 100 please


Carla and I had planned a dinner date with Painman and Holly a while back. With the warm weather arriving just in time for the weekend, I suggested to Carla that Jordan and I ride over to Painman's. She and Maren could meet us there, and then we'd go out to dinner. She generously agreed. I'm really starting to love point to point rides.

Then I started to think, if I started early in the AM, I could do a 40 mile loop prior to heading to Victoria with Jordan, and I could log my first century of 2008. Started at 8:30 AM, back home to head out with Jordan at 11:00AM. Bumped into Gary Krska in Woodbury. We arrived at Dunn Bros. in Mpls at 1:30 to meet Painman. Turned out he got confused and left his house at 1:30. We met him in Hopkins and proceeded south and west into Eden Prairie and Chanhassen, before making our way to Excelsior and then to his place in Victoria, arriving just after 4PM. I scored 101 miles and 6.5 hours, and Jordan scored 64 miles and 4 hours. What a perfect day.

Of course the best part of the day was our double date at Benihana, then a night cap a Snuffys Malt Shop. I'm still in a calorie deficit.