Sunday, September 03, 2006

Cameron Recap

It was raining this morning when I left Hudson, but I could see clear skies to the east. Sure enough, we had perfect weather for the race. There was a slightly lower turnout (around 85) compared to the 110+ who raced at Shell Lake. Some new faces at WISPORT, super-rookie & Tuffy. The other usual suspects included Gordy Paulson, Dave Pramann, Mark Brone, Dan Casper, and a bunch of young speedsters with the Baraboo Sharks.

I rode with Jordan again, and had a great time. We started a little too fast, until Jordan spoke up and told me to slow down. We were still on the back of the pack, and I was getting sucked in. We settled into a pace and eventually joined forces with a couple other riders. I was doing my best to manage the pace so Jordan wouldn't bonk on this very hilly 43 mile course. He did an excellent job, especially with all the corners. We finished in 2:15, which was an average speed of 19.9mph! I couldn't believe it. Jordan was 2nd again in the 13&under age class, getting beat by the same 13 year old kid as at Shell Lake (who finished with the front group in each race, wow!).

For the overall, Matt Brandt (all of 18 years old) broke away with 15 miles to go, and Mark Brone joined him. Matt ended up winning with Brone 2nd. Checkout www.itiming.com for the race results.

Oh, and just to cap off the day, I managed to get a speeding ticket just as I was leaving Cameron. Hate to admit it, but I deserved it too. Let's just say I was on my best behavior the rest of the way home. Lesson learned.

4 comments:

Donimator said...

So how fast was the speeding ticket? I might have a tip or two on how to make that speeding ticket go away.

Anonymous said...

Man the Cullens are fast this year!

JimmerC said...

I'm not sure what the speed limit was, but he said I was going 60mph. He actually wrote it up as Disorderly Conduct with a motor vehicle, which he said sounds worse, but is actually about half the fine ($104 vs. $174), and no points off my license (WI you know).

Donimator said...

disorderly conduct with a vehicle....that's my job