Sunday, March 18, 2007

Birthday Century


Johnny B and I conquered our goal of a hilly century prior to my 40th birthday party on Saturday. We got our 100 miles with 5200ft. of climbing. At the half-way point, I knew we were about 5 miles short. John and I discussed our options. Adding on at the end of a 6 hour ride is a difficult task. We agreed that if we were going to do a century, we needed to be 25 miles away from home when we hit 75 miles. The only thing was that to add on the 5 miles, we added in a couple more climbs. Needless to say, we were both pretty dead at the end of the ride, and only had to do one lap around my Culdesac to register a full century.

The birthday party was a big success. There must have been about 60 people there at one point. Thanks to everyone who came.

No comments: