Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Attempted Doping?


Whatever. I'm so sick of the sensationalism around doping in cycling. I have no compassion for cheaters, and even worse cheaters that deny it when they are caught. I think the cheaters who confess should receive a lesser penalty than compared to the cheaters that don't confess, until undeniable proof is provided. Something like a 2 year ban for cheaters who confess, and a 4 year ban for those who don't, but are proven guilty. No waiting for the B sample either, just confess. A few lab screw-ups, and 'tainted supplements' aside, chances are pretty high that your guilty if you test positive.

I know there are a few pros out there dealing with suspensions due to missing the call to doping control. Something definitely has to change there. How can you be expected to report to doping control, if you don't know where it is, or where to inquire who has to report? That's ridiculous.

I'm still going to love watching the tour live, in person, this summer. It's looking to be an even more open race than last year.

2 comments:

SickBoy said...

Yeah, Free Sager! I'll get you a wristband....

Skibby said...

I think there should be one day set aside, "drug amnesty" day for all cheaters in all sports to come clean. Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong et al, then we can move on...