Tuesday, May 08, 2007

TNT Time Trial - UPDATED


Turns out the results were a little messed up. I was a little suspicious. Several people including myself (24:42) were slower than originally posted. Turns out Casper only beat me by 1:12 like I thought. However, I took a 4 second beating by both Peter Morey and Charlie Jacobs. Ouch.

Painman, Baker, and I did the first TNT time trial tonight. May is full of time trials, and I need the practice.

Conditions were favorable. Light wind, dry, and warm. I started :30 ahead of Baker, and 1:00 ahead of Casper. I figured a minute would be just enough of a gap to hold Dan off.

I got a great warm-up in. 1 lap on the course solo, and one lap with Baker. My start was good, my HR looked good, and my speed seemed good. By the turn around, Casper was bearing down on me. Dang. I pressed hard up the hill in a vain effort to avoid the capture, but to no avail. I did my best to hold him after the catch, but it wasn't in the Cards. He pulled another 12 seconds out of me. I finished in 24:42. Casper was 23:30, which was the winning time (no consolation to me though). Excellent job Dan. Morey and Jacobs both beat me 4 seconds. Dang. Nice ride guys.


The chart looks good to me. My HR was steady right around 170. My HR didn't elevate at the end like normal, which tells me I must be a bit fatigued from the weekend. 3 races in 4 days has to wear on the legs. My PR is 23:58, and my previous slowest time was 24:13. I have to say I am a bit disappointed, but this is why I did the TT instead of Opus. I definitely need to get dialed into my TT bike.

4 comments:

Skibby said...

I'd pick Opus any day over a TT... No points for the Loons tonight, I'm not as much help to P-slim as you guys are...

Anonymous said...

24 flat would have suprised me too, it was 25 flat.

Anonymous said...

I think we all forgot how to climb on our tt rigs.

super painful night...

Times were slow (other than Dan and Timmer)...
I personally need to figure it out quick.
Kevin of GW even put time into us... never happened last year. Maybe his trip to the windtunnel actually made a difference.

Pete

Unknown said...

wind tunnel? no, he had C.Wood chasing him at 30 seconds.. nice course too.. um.. to maybe jump on for a little draft.. um ..maybe.. err.. i din't say that