Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A few Pet Peeves at Work

If you call a meeting over lunch. You are expected to feed me.

If you cancel a meeting within 5 minutes before it starts, I'll find you and hurt you.

If you cancel a lunch meeting, where I was expecting to be fed, on the day of the meeting, I'll find you and your family, and hurt everyone.

Sending a "Reply to All" e-mail stating "Stop replying to all" in response to an e-mail message string where people keep replying to all, should be grounds for termination.

7 comments:

T3 said...

i concur

Christopher Smith said...

Should read:

If you cancel a lunch meeting, where I was expecting to be fed, on the day of the meeting, I'll find you and your family, and eat them all.

SickBoy said...

+1 on all. Add this:

If you fail to show up for a meeting that you call (meaning you're more than 5 minutes late and are not my boss, who gets a 15-min cushion), you owe me breakfast the next morning.

All The Way Ray said...

Look at Mr Bad Ass kicking ass and taking names.

Skibby said...

funny how the first 3 all involve food... ;)

Skibby said...

here's another one: scheduling a meeting at 7:30 AM when that isn't everyones start time, so then you come in early and they CANCEL the meeting....

Lynne said...

Oh! We had that email thing going on at work last year. We got over a hundred emails-people responding asking to be removed from the list, people telling people to stop responding, IS telling people to stop responding, people forwarding the IS message and telling other people to stop forwarding.....I think the final email was something like "if you respond to that email we WILL implement corporate policy and fire your ass" (ok, I might have paraphrased that...)