Sunday, November 09, 2008

Finally, a respectable result in Cross

Jordan and I both opted for the B race at Lake Rebecca. Cold, windy, and muddy. I started slow, but moved up throughout the race. I ended up 6th overall, and 5th in the Cat 3's. It was definitely a course well suited to strong TT roadies. Lots of longish fast sections, and only 2 single barriers. I also had no trouble riding up the steep run-up this year, which was a life saver for me.


Jordan had another bad experience in the B race. He opted not to wear sunglasses, and got a lot of mud in his eyes. To top it off, the mud kept clogging up his cleats, forcing him to ride unclipped for a while at the top of the run-up each lap. He finished 17th overall, 11th in the Cat 3's. His day will come.

Congrats to Mark Mlinar who soloed away to win the B race.

5 comments:

Jared Roy said...

get Jordan on a pair of Candys. I've used all the pedals out there...shimano, time, etc...nothing beats Crank Brothers egg beaters or Candys

Jared Roy said...

thanks for the glasses ....that was a life saver

JimmerC said...

Anytime Jared. Just don't ask Jordan if you can wear his Radars. No chance. He gets mad when I just touch them.

3C / Bicycle HaĆ¼s Racing said...

When's the big press release?

JimmerC said...

Still trying to decide.