Sunday, January 11, 2009

Michael, I'm being towed...

Kit was towed while Knight Rider was riding today. They were reunited $160 later.


Pre-Ride: Zim, Teresa, Jordan, Jack, and Skibby

Finished fixing Jimmer's bike: Skibby, Teresa, Jim, Jordan, Zim, and Jack.


Today was an adventure. Unloading the bike from the truck, I checked my crank arm to discover the retention bolt had failed. I pinched my knees all the way to the shop where Jim was able to find a replacement. During the installation, he noticed the frame is cracked at the Bottom Bracket.

I rode it anyway. Over the course of my ride, my left pedal worked it's way off it's spindle. It never came off, but I think it's toast now. Crank Bros. Egg Beaters gets 2 thumbs down from me at this point.

2 comments:

Peter Anderson said...

happened to me warming up for the race at the tree farm.

i guess we're supposed to grease those puppies so that wont happen.

easy fix, you'll love them again.

FPA

Anonymous said...

One nice thing about rolling 200+ is your break stuff and can replacy it, I gotta wear it out.