Saturday, August 11, 2007

Birchwood Juniors Road Race

I don't know about you guys, but in this pic Jordan looks too far back on his bike. I may need to move his saddle forward.


Photos complements of Skinny Ski.

My first order of business after finishing my race was riding 6 miles back to the registration location. It was just after 1PM, and I thought they started at 1:30. I fought the headwind all the way back, hoping that Jordan would be there waiting for me. Thankfully he was, and they didn't start until 2PM. Whew.

The older and younger juniors all started together. There were 4 younger juniors, and around 6 older juniors. Jake had done the Hudson TT in the morning, and didn't feel like doubling up, but we talked him into it. Hey, if you want to get fast, you gotta race. I'm proud of you Jake.

During the beginning of the race, I caught up to the women's 1/2/3 field just as one of them was having an issue with their rear wheel. I stopped to assist, and the skinny ski guy caught me on film. Nice tan lines Jimmer.


The younger juniors had to do only 1 lap, and the older had to do 2. Jake ended up disconnecting from the group early in the lap, but that didn't stop him from riding hard all the way to the finish. The other younger juniors stayed together with the older juniors all the way to the base of Nason hill. Aaron and Jordan stayed with the front group on the hill, while Nora slipped back.


They came into the finish rise, and Aaron and Jordan started their sprint. Jordan gave it his best, but Aaron was just too fast. I was so proud of him for giving it his all, and staying with the older juniors for the whole lap. I had to remind him that wasn't the case at the spring road races. He's really progressing well as a racer, and having fun while doing it.

Unofficial Results:
1. Aaron Shaw
2. Jordan
3. Nora
4. Jake

1 comment:

Dan Cleary said...

"move the seat forward"

I think the kid needs a brand new bigger bike but I'm sure Jordo has a plan for that next year;)

Start saving your money kid. Its only going to get more expensive.

Way to go Jordan