Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fun with family and friends @ the MN State Fair



I took a vacation day from work, and my family and I went to the fair with Dan and Linda. We had a great time, but the highlight of the day had to be Linda and Jordan's ride on the thrill ride "Slingshot". It shoots you into the air 100mph @ 6G's. Linda said it was like a nightmare. Jordan thought it was awesome. I've got a video of the whole thing, but I promised Linda I wouldn't post it. Just a great snapshot of their faces on the takeoff.

Maren joined them on another scary ride:


Like all state fair goers, we ate way too much greasy fried foods. Dan and Linda split a little early, but we stuck around to watch the Kare11 6PM news live. We even got on TV at the end of the broadcast. It was one of the best times we have ever had at the fair.

On Machinery Hill:


On the Midway:

4 comments:

S1 said...

Okay, my face is funny. But Jordan's makes me bust out laughing loud. I guess we both look like freaks of nature.

Anonymous said...

That's not nice Linda, that's the way Jordan alwayse looks.

Anonymous said...

no e

Anonymous said...

Cool you guys/gals are brave. I think i would rather 1) ride a TT 2) run a 5k than do those rides. I am a wimp, the smell of fry oil mixed with heat and excessive inverted speed and motion makes me feel...worse than the last 30 seconds at the DOG:)