Thursday, May 08, 2008

7 inches, 20lbs = 1minute, 10 seconds

Photo compliments of Sone

We were checking Jordan's height and weight from May 2007, and found he has grown from 4'10" to 5'5", and from 90lbs to 110lbs. Quite the growth spurt, and it has payed big dividends for him in cycling. Jordan's time at the first Black Dog last year was 19:44.

As usual, I started 30 seconds behind Jordan. I anticipated he would show improvement, but I had no idea. Last year, I'd usually catch him about 2/3 of the way to the power plant. Last night, I didn't catch him until about half way between the power plant and the turnaround. Last year, when I'd finish, I would turn around at the tracks and wait for him to come in so I could check his time. Last night, I didn't even make it back to the finish line before he crossed. He stormed to a 16:36, for an average speed of 24.5mph. That's 1min, 10 secs faster than his fastest time from the final Black Dog last year. His time was the fastest of the night for all the juniors, both younger and older. Very well done Jordo!

One constructive comment though. Dude needs a haircut.

Photo compliments of Ray.


3 comments:

OTR said...

That does it. I won't do any TTs this year cause Jordan will beat me and not even be tired from it.

jorgehuevo said...

jim prety soon you wont be able to catch him at all,

jorge

Lunatic Biker said...

Master Cullen might need a light trim. There is someone in the racer community who's worked his appearance up to vagrant status.