Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Dog is Back

Last year, at the first Black Dog, I rode a disappointing 15:29. It was my slowest time in many years, and left me with a very empty feeling.

This year, I was pleased to ride a much more respectable 15:07 (initial results showed me at 15:16, but they are being corrected thanks to the diligence of the officials and promoter). I recently mounted my cadence sensor for my Garmin, and that's what I focused on during the effort, which worked very well. Last year, I focused on average speed, and I found that to be self-defeating. My HR ave was right on par for Black Dog at 172bpm.

My time placed me 2nd in the Masters 35+ group behind an impressive 14:59 by newlywed Charlie Jacobs, and just in front of strong man James Parker.

Casper and Hareland rocked the evening, and tied for 1st in 14:34. Nice benchmark guys. Teresa put down a 16:08 to win the womens. Youngster John Shishilla threw down a 16:11 on his brand new Trek TT bike to win the Masters 50+.





No comments: