Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rib Falls TT - Timmer Wins

Timmer and Jordan, Revelling in Victory

Not a Flat Spot on the Course

Timmer rocked the windy, rolling 25.24mi Rib Falls TT course in a new course record of 58:44, for his first win of the season. An impressive effort, given the nasty NW wind which resulted in gusty cross winds over the entire course. Lance Niles was 2nd, 19secs back, with Morgan Wiswall completing the podium 28 seconds back.

I finished 4th, 55 seconds back. That's almost the exact same gap Timmer took out of me at last week's Synergy TT. I'm definitely happy with that. Tristan Bentzler (aka Maximus) rounded out the top 5. I continue to focus on my Cadence in the TT's, and today I managed 90rpm, which is right where I try to stay.

Before the start of the TT, I was debating switching out Jordan's disc for his deep dish rear, but decided to let him ride the disc. I got blown all over the road, so I can't imagine how much Jordan got tossed around. I was riding center of the lane most of the time, and whenever I transitioned from a sheltered part of the course, the gusts would move me clear to the edge of the road. Pretty scary stuff.

Jordan persevered, and rode an impressive 1:12:19, which is almost 9 minutes faster than last year, which was a relatively calm day in comparison. Nicely done Jordan. He was mad at me because I didn't have him wear cycling gloves, which caused his sweaty hands to slip all over the aerobars in the wind gusts. Sorry buddy.

The wind aside, it was a nice sunny day. We headed home after the awards right into a nasty thunderstorm in Chippewa Falls. Glad we didn't end up riding in that.

Stormy Drive Home


1 comment:

Lunatic Biker said...

Master Cullen, did that homeless guy hit you up for cash?