Thursday, July 05, 2007

French Extra Credit


Baker came over for one final ride before we go to France. The plan was to go out for 3 hours, and take in a couple hills. We hammered in the tailwind all the way to Trimbelle, knowing there would be a price to pay at the end of the ride. We hit the sequence of 4 climbs in the bluffs between Cty O, Cty OO, and Hwy 35. We hit 57mph on the OO descent, a new record.

On our way back, we decided to take in the "Triplets of Beldenville", which are a series of 3 climbs near the town of Beldenville, WI. These wore both of us out. I pretty much bonked headed into River Falls. Gatorade and a snickers was no answer to the 5000 calories I had burned. The heat definitely got the best of me. Thankfully, Baker towed me back to Hudson. We ended up with almost 4 hours with 8 tough climbs. More than we planned, but it will pay back in spades in France.

Even as I type this, my appetite is still missing. I'm drinking as much as I can, but I haven't been able to eat enough. I definitely can't let this happen in France.

Below is a shot of Painman, Baker, and I climbing together at the Horribly Hilly 200K. What a crew.

2 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

Keep it going JimmerC. You guys will be more than fine though here. Its difficult, yes but with the amount of riding you are doing, it won't be that difficult. Remember to enjoy it. If you race it up the hills, you'll miss the spectacular views. Race in MN, enjoy it here in France!

See you in a week or so. I'm heading up Mt. Ventoux again today. Its all the prep I can get. It is difficult but lots of cyclists going up so you're either passing someone (or, in my case, someone is passing me).

Allez, allez, allez

Anonymous said...

Only choo choo would ride himself to a bonk a week before his big trip.