Tuesday, November 07, 2006

2 down, 2 to go.


Painman and I have booked our frequent flyer flights for the France trip. It cost me 75K and painman 100K miles. We had to shell over $80 on top for taxes and fees. But that's much easier than paying $1500 for the same ticket. I've had pretty good luck getting Northwest Frequent Flyer tickets. It's impossible to get frequent flyers during the holidays or spring break, but away from those dates, it's not too bad. JB is going to wait for fares to drop, and Treb has to plead with E to go (you're in dude, you just have to convince her).

This will be my first trip to Europe. I feel kind of guilty my family isn't joining me, but we plan to go over for a sightseeing trip in a couple years. Actually, the trip was my wife's idea, as a 40th birthday present (yes, I'm 40 next year).

This trip will be all cycling. I'm going to be in France for a week, and not see Paris. I'm strangely looking forward to the shock of how tough the climbs will be, especially with myself being a pretty large rider (Eros Poli, eat your heart out). I'll get a much better perspective of how incredible it must be to just participate in the Tour de France, let alone win.

2 comments:

JimmerC said...

You bet Bob. Treb and I were supposed to go watch the spring classics in 2001. I can't remember the exact reason, but we bailed on the trip. Our teammate Dave Ritz has spent some time at the spring classics. You should contact him for some tips.

Anonymous said...

Ritz and his brother even managed to get yelled at by a couple of racers when they drove onto the course.

What an awesome trip this is going to be.