Sunday, November 12, 2006

A visit with Dan and Linda

Took off today at noon to do the loop. I fought the fairly stiff south wind all the way to Prescott on the Minnesota side. I spotted someone preparing to ride at Point Douglas Park, and after a second glance, it looked like Dan Casper and Linda Sone. Sure enough it was. They came up from Northfield to avoid the snow pack. We decided to ride together into WI. I offered to ride with them back to Hudson, and then drive them back to Prescott.

The ride was perfect. Cold, but not too cold. They were on their cross bikes, but had no trouble keeping pace with me on my road bike. I mixed together a quiet 50 mile route, with plenty of climbing, and no traffic. The wind was pretty much at our back the whole ride. Dan and Linda commented some of the roads reminded them of the french countryside. At one point, there was this black lab that ran with us for like 2 miles. We got back right at dusk. Jordan joined us for the drive back to Prescott. He really likes Dan and Linda. They sure are good people. Dan turns 40 on Tuesday, so we called it his birthday ride.

Pretty sure this is the end of the road for the Litespeed until next season. I think I'm going to switch over the the trusty winter bike at this point, for outside rides.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ride Jimmer, you looked good out there.

Anonymous said...

they didn't have any trouble keeping up with you? you? you sure they weren't hurting?

I saw dan run a 4.8 50yd as a warm up for the state cross race..
timmer

JimmerC said...

Dan did say he rode harder than he wanted. Linda dropped back a little in the hills. I was taking it fairly easy myself.

As always, none of us drank enough, and it caught up with all of us at the end of the ride.

Anonymous said...

Hydration baby..

http://timmercentral.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome ride. We probably would have done an out and back on 35 and fought the wind half the way. You are truly generous Jim--good thing there's such a thing as karma, you must have a lot in the bank. As for no problem keeping up with you on our cross bikes--yeah right. That was harder for me than state the day before, and roughly 1000x more enjoyable. Thanks Jim.