Thursday, November 02, 2006

Candy Bars and the Trainer


I love candybars every bit as much as I love cycling. My calorie intake always spikes around halloween. Therefore, it was absolutely necessary for me to get back on the trainer. We'll see if I can keep it up through the next couple months.

I don't have a computrainer, but I have a Kinetic fluid trainer, and the optional computer which measures watts based on speed. Kinetic claims it's pretty accurate, but I mostly use it as a relative measure to gauge improvement over time. Tonight, ave watts were 251.

I see Smithers is running his weight challenge again. Seemed to motivate him last year. He's sitting at 191. Not bad. I myself am steady at around 210. The trip to France next summer will keep me motivated this winter. Gone are the years where I spike up around 245 at Christmas, and then work like a dog to get back down to 215 by July. I plan to be well under 200lbs next summer, to help me get over those mountains.

1 comment:

JimmerC said...

Good tip Bob. Thanks.