Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Turkey Day


Did the loop with Bob Rolle today. Temp was mild, but didn't see much of the sun like those overpaid weathermen said we would. Bob worked me a bit in the hills, and I worked him a bit in the flats.

I've been doing a ton of long solo rides lately, so it was a welcome change to have Bob drive all the way over and join me. After the ride, I checked out one of his new custom cycling shoes. Man, they are sickly light, felt like about half of a normal shoe.

At the end of our ride, these 2 younger women drive up, and get out of there car stating their Dad rides bike too. At first, I thought maybe they were interested in connecting us with their dad or something. Wishful thinking. Merely a ploy to discuss Creationism. I was polite, but she got the hint I was in no mood. The Jehovahs went on their merry way. Why is it they always catch me outside, where I can't just ignore them by not answering the door?

No comments: