Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jordan Scores at Tuesday Night Worlds


Jordan wanted another shot at Tuesday Night Worlds, now that he knows how the points race works. He sat out the first 2 sprints, and then broke away just after the bell for the 3rd. One guy caught him, but he held the rest off for 2nd (3 points). He stayed up near the front for the final 3 laps, and finished 3rd in the final sprint (2 points). He ended up 5th overall with 5 points. Lunatic Biker, Hollywood, and Linda were all there to witness it. Congrats on your first points ever at Tuesday Night Worlds Jordan.

With a much milder wind out of the NW, the pace of the Cat 1/2/3's race was much faster. We averaged 26.8mph vs. 25.1mph a week ago. We've definitely gone faster, but not bad for April 22.

LSC fielded Painman, Clark, Skibby, Red Lantern, Kullman, Atherton, Frye, and myself. Painman made an impressive bridge across a gap to a breakaway to contest the first sprint. My efforts were very similar to last week. I got in a similar breakaway to last week with some of the same guys. Hanna had a small gap heading into the pinch point, so I bridged up. Mean Dawg and Joe Dubay joined us first, then Zim. Hanna dropped back, but we held it for a couple laps to get the bell. However, it was not to be, the front of the field caught our group just as the sprint opened up.

I did make my way into good position for one of the sprints, right on the wheels of Doug Swanson and Doig. All I can say is I have even more respect for their sprinting ability than I already did.

5 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

Nice work at the front Jimmer wished it would have stuck.

And, way to race smart Jordan. I liked your position 3-4 back at the bus stop turn. Good instincts kid.

Trissel said...

Jimmer, just now seeing your blog. I wished I'd seen it sooner.

Can't wait till my son is racing with me like you and Jordan do. That's got to be tons of fun.

JimmerC said...

Thanks Tucker. The best part is he has just as much fun as I do.

Jay Tegeder said...

Better start looking over your shoulder... The kid is going to be beating the old man before long...

Anonymous said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.