Friday, April 04, 2008

My Dad says I'm a cycling addict

A boy amongst men.
Hitting the hills.

Up we go.


Another day, another hundo. Sorry, no Garmin data, battery died. Unbelievable weather. 60 deg and sunny. The strong west wind definitely wore on people today, and we even had a few brief sprinkles.

We started with 21 today, with myself taking the first sag driving duties, meaning I was going to have to add a loop at the end of the day to get my fill of riding. We knocked out 52 before stopping for lunch at Subway. A few went home, but most opted for the 500ft. Money Creek climb. More headed home from Houston, but many kept going for the 550ft. Houston switchback climb. We fought the wind back to Rushford.

Heading straight home made the route a full century. However, I needed more since I drove. Goblirsh and I added on a loop, along with a couple climbs, and plenty of rollers and headwind. Jordan wanted to come, but I suggested 100mi 2 days in a row was plenty. Greg ended up with 119mi., and I had 107mi.

When I got back to camp, Jordan was beaming, and asked for my mileage. Upon hearing 107, he gave me his number. 113! He went back out with Scott Olson on the trail for what Casper likes to call the "gravy train". Unbelievable. 215 miles in 2 days. The apple doesn't fall far...

On the way back from Rushford, Jordan got a flat. His teammates helped him out, and got him going again. Macy's new quip is "What does a cyclist say when he gets a flat?" "Where's my dad?"

7 comments:

StevenCX said...

Kid's going places! Literally. :)

Kevin Gilmore said...

How old is Jordan? very impressive! I don't suppose his friends can even begin to understand what he's accomplishing out there.

Kevin Gilmore said...

I see his age now...13. All I can say is, wow!

JimmerC said...

Thanks guys. He really loves to ride and be with the team. The tough part is keeping him humble with all his accomplishments. He's a good kid, and knows how important that is.

jorgehuevo said...

when he turns pro im going to be able to said, i soo that litle guy in his moms arms.

congrats, jordan you are a very impresive rider for youre age, keep it up

jorge

Tone Coughlin said...

The kid is going places, keep it up Jordan!

Anonymous said...

When the kid turns pro & gets some major endorsements, he can finally buy his favorite Aunt a birthday or Christmas present!
SJN