Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jordan's First Win of the Season


Jordan and I wanted to check out the racing scene down in the Madison area, so we did the WCA Great Dane Velo Criterium on Sunday. Jordan lined up with 11 Under 15 juniors. Jordan and 3 others got away on the first lap and never looked back. They worked together, with each taking turns on the front. They stayed together until the last lap, when Jordan attacked, and was able to get a gap to come in just ahead of the other 3. Congrats to Jordan on his first win of the season!

The Under 15 Junior Field

The Breakaway Group of 4


Next up Jordan did the Cat 5's. He sat in most of the race, and hit the front at the bell in order to chase a solo breakaway. He brought the rider back, but several riders were able to take advantage of his effort, and get around him coming into the finish. He finished a strong 12th place. What a successful weekend.

Start of the Cat 5's

Hitting the front with 1 to go


I myself did the Masters 1/2/3 Crit. I was active in the front of the race, and got in several moves, but none that stuck. I was recovering from an effort when the winning move went. I tried to bridge solo, but didn't make it. I tried another solo attack with 4 to go, but was reeled back in by the bell, and rolled in at the back of the field. I was very happy with the my effort and fitness, even if I missed the winning move. The average speed was a Tuesday Night Worlds worthy 26.1mph.

No comments: