Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ready to Race

The weather came just in time for me to get some much needed rest and recovery from the bike. I'm doing my best to hold true to my commitment to less volume, more intensity, now that racing starts this week.

It's really hard to break from my normal routine of packing in the miles. So this week, I took an uncharacteristic 3 days off, and spent the other days doing shorter, interval workouts. I used the rest time to clean-up and prepare the bikes for racing. It took forever, but they are all in race ready condition now.

Today, Jordan and I joined the east side LSC crew at Dunn Bros. in Stillwater, and did a nice tempo ride. I'm definitely looking forward to racing this week.

Racing Plans this week:
Tuesday: Opus
Saturday: Durand
Sunday: Great Dane Crit #2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the orchard ride?

JimmerC said...

Treb bailed, so we opted for a tempo ride with the fellas instead.