Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Night Worlds - Worth Every Penny


It is next to impossible to duplicate this kind of workout in a training ride. You couldn't ask for better weather (ignoring the wind, of course).

Cat 1/2/3 Points Race:
Distance: 18 Laps (6 sprints) - 16.06 miles
Average Speed: 25.1mph (amazing considering the strong winds)

I managed to reach my anaerobic threshold (180bpm) no less that 6 times. I made a couple moves off the front, and chased a couple moves down. GrandStay and GP were unstoppable. Flanders were strong too, but were a small group compared to GS and GP.

Doug Swanson and Patty Cakes got a gap after the second sprint, with Zim stuck in the middle. I bridged up to Zim with BK on my wheel, but with BK sitting in, and Zim and I on the Rivet, we couldn't get to the leading 2. We came back together, and I figured Doug and Pat were gone, but nope. They came back before the final sprint.

It is extremely difficult to breakaway on that course, especially with all the horsepower in the group, but Doug and Pat sure made us all look mortal.

No comments: