Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another 318 ride


A bit colder than Saturday, but still very tolerable for a snow-less December. Jordan and I met Painman and Red Lantern at the 318 Cafe.

Like last week, I was surprised there were not more there. Where was the Donimator? And Skibby? Turns out Red Lantern was in one of the groups I spotted in Mtka yesterday. It's also looking more like he will be joining us on our France trip.

We cruised into Mpls and back on the trails. We spotted a helmet-less Bryan Loeken sucking wheel of a couple others on the Greenway. I'm learning more and more about Painman's past. Turns out he used to be a rock climber and mountaineer. He even climbed Mt. Rainier (or almost did, 500ft from the summit). We talked about Everest, and how incredible a feat it is to climb that monster. It's mostly a rich man's game. I have no interest in climbing myself, but I am very interested in learning about others mountaineering adventures.

Jordan bonked a bit towards the end, but his buddy Painman helped him over the hills, to which he was very grateful. I offered to shorten the ride for him, but he would have none of that. What an animal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ride Jimmer, and Jordan wasn't out of gas, I asked if I could push him up the hills for a better work out and he was nice enough to let me.

Skibby said...

Jimmer,
If you adopted me and changed my last name to Cullen would I be as tough as you guys???