Friday, December 08, 2006

Oh, that rollercoaster


Photo circa January 2004

Took a look back at my weight difference between January and August of the last 10 years. The data is pretty disturbing.

Average Starting Weight in January: 232lbs.
Average Racing Weight in August: 203lbs.
Average Weight lost: 29lbs!

My worst year was 2005. I started in January at 247lbs, and weighed 202 in August (45 lbs lost, yikes).

Do the math, and that means I've gained and lost almost 300lbs in the last 10 years!

In the past 10 years, I've only been successful twice in keeping my weight down over the winter (2000 and 2006).

It's the middle of December, and I'm sitting at 210lbs. I'm shooting for 190lbs for the France trip. More importantly, I plan to be within 25lbs of Treb. Wish me luck, and good luck to Smithers and the rest of the local cyclists who worry about their weight more than most women.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya'

Anonymous said...

There's just more of you to love.

Anonymous said...

190, when was the last time you saw that, a junior in high school?

If you can share cloths with your daughter, there's a problem.