Monday, December 04, 2006

Donimator's "56"


Donimator's blog if finally back to life with a post on his "56" restoration. He must really love that friggin car. My high school car was a rusty POS Chevy 350 pickup with NO power steering. I sincerely hope that thing is now a steel beam in some skyscraper. I don't even think I have a picture of the damn thing.

What's the story Don? Score your first babe in the thing or what?

Here is my version of the conversation regarding the restoration if I were Donimator, and Brenda was Carla.

Don: What do you think about me finally restoring my 56?
Brenda: Fine, I'm sick of hearing about it, and you're just going to do what ever you want anyway.
Don: Thanks honey.

A few weeks later:
Don: Honey, you're not going to believe it. It turns out the car is in worse shape that I thought, and it's going to cost $7K-$10K to do it right.
Brenda (with learing eyes): Don't you think that is a bit excessive? We're already spending a fortune on Christmas. Where are we going to get the money, out of our Ass?
Don: I know, I know. It's not like we can't afford it though.
Brenda: Fine, waste your money on that old damn car. It's not like the kids need to go to college anyway.
Don: Come on Brenda, don't be like that. This is important to me.
Brenda: Go ahead and finish the car. Don't expect me or the kids to ride in it though! As a matter of fact, why don't you just go ahead and join Cullen on the trip to France. Train and race your little heart out next year.
Don: What if I got you a new pair of 1 carrat diamond earrings, and some new furniture for the family room?
Brenda (all smiles): OK.

From one selfish husband to another. Way to go Don!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7-10L is just for body work...we still need to add paint, interior, wheels, chrome, and of course a bitchin stereo....