Thursday, August 31, 2006

Labor Day Wisport Racing


Here is a shot of Schmeichel at Shell Lake in 2004. Man is he big on a bike compared to everyone else. Looks like I'm headed to both Shell Lake and Cameron this weekend for some WISPORT Road Races. I haven't done a WISPORT road race since Dairy Day's in 2004. This time, Jordan is going to race solo, and I'm going to hang with him for the races. Should be fun.

As far as the track last night, I felt good, but rode slow. 8 seconds slower than Districts. It was weird. Only Mulrooney improved his time (big time - 5 flat, wow!). Everyone else was significantly slower. The weird part was the conditions were perfect compared to districts, almost no wind. I did do a Kilo prior to the 4K, where at districts, I skipped the Kilo. But I'm going to take my lumps, and attribute it to the hard racing at Marty, last weekend.

Schmeichel showed up on his new S-works MTB, and B.S.'ed with us for a while. Had some good laughs, watched the messengers do a team sprint, and Schmeichel did a couple of 20 second laps on the MTB. I had forgotten how entertaining and fun the track can be.

1 comment:

Donimator said...

That would be about 237 lbs in that picture