Sunday, January 28, 2007

JimmerC@185lbs.


It's good to have a challenging goal, right? The pic is from 1986. I'm pretty sure that was the last time I weighed 185lbs. I'm convinced I can get back there, even at the ripe age of 40.

This past week was the longest week of training since I can remember. I didn't get outside once. I wish I could have gotten out Friday, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Instead, I spent the entire week on the trainer and stairmaster. Went to the LSC clothing party at The Fix on Friday night. Great to see all the guys again. Man does Larry Foss have a cool setup.

Treb decided to paint instead of train this weekend, so I ended up jumping on the trainer on Saturday for a couple hours, prior to the MCF banquet. Jordan and I got caught up with the local cyclists we hadn't seen since for a while. It was a good time, and QBP is a pretty cool place.

Today was much colder than I expected. I half hoped I could get Treb to ride the hills of Afton, but he wimped out. Instead, Jordan and I made the trek over to Painman's for a 3 hour trainer ride. That's about the only way I can get that kind of time, by riding with others. I don't know how Dan Casper and Bob Rolle do it.

We had a great time at Painman's. We watched the '05 Giro. Jordan managed to crash, when his bike slipped out of the trainer. He cut his knee open on Painman's chain ring, to which he replied, "It's just a flesh wound", and kept on riding. After, we had a sauna, and Divannis Pizza.

I sure hope the weather cooperates next weekend. Otherwise they're going to have to cut my head off and put it in a bowling bag, to keep me from killing everyone around me.

6 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

Jimmer, double digit sub zero next weekend is predicted... I'm so not looking forward to it. I may try to break it up to 2 a days (some in the morning, the rest in the afternoon)

Unknown said...

awesome cut n paste job.. you should tutor skibby

Lunatic Biker said...

I'll lend you some clothes. Don't scoff. Commuters know the most about staying warm.

Anonymous said...

What ever, that's a shot of Shawn Brick.

Tenacious T said...

I remember 1986. I think I weighed about 45 pounds.

Unknown said...

from the skinny guy himslef..
http://www.bobkestrut.com/2007/01/20/bagels-base-and-beer/