Friday, July 04, 2008

Northfield Crit Recap

Snide and I giving it an early go.

Perfect day for racing. Northfield is one of my favorite crit courses. The whole family was there to watch, including Carla, Maren, and my in-laws.

34 starters in the Masters Open. Finally, a largish field. No teammates again, so I stayed up front to keep things in check. I attacked early, and drew out Snide, but we were quickly caught. From there, I tried to stay around 4th wheel for most of the race. A dangerous move with 3 guys (GP, Silver, and GSCA) got away, and I thought not again. Thankfully, Borgenheimer came up and helped reel it in.

Hollywood got away solo late in the race, but GSCA went to the front and reeled him in. Things amped up on the last couple laps, and I sat about 10th wheel at the bell. I tried to move up, but just didn't have any snap. Pete Hanna led out Ed Alpasa, but Chris Black was able to take the win. I ended up 8th in the sprint.


I started the Cat 1/2 race, in hopes of helping Horrigan. I went to the front for a couple laps to reel in a move, but that was all I had. After 20 minutes, I sat up, saving it for another day (photo below says it all). The race was very animated after I dropped. With a few to go, Timmer and Ellis got a nice gap, and looked like they were going to hold them off. Unfortunately, they were caught on the last lap. Turns out Horrigan did just fine solo, finishing an impressive 3rd behind Bergman and Hanna.

Put a fork in me, I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they goofed. I was #184 not 284

JimmerC said...

I noticed that, and told the Bruce. He'll have it fixed on the web results.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jimmer. Much appreciated.
b2b