Monday, June 14, 2010

Victoria Circuit Race Recap

Once again, despite the threat of rain, we opted in for the Victoria Circuit Race. Jordan raced Cat 3's, Cat 1/2's for myself.

Jordan's race was uneventful, coming down to a field sprint won by Tyler Olson, Jordan 2nd, Merrill Lutsky 3rd. Bianca Bergman finished an impressive 4th!

Originally, I wasn't planning on racing at all, in favor of volunteering for Jordan's free race entry. After watching a corner for the 1st wave, I was no longer needed. With 20 minutes until race start, I opted in.

I covered a couple moved early in the first lap, then the rain started shortly after completing the 1st of 5 laps. Woell and Sedgewick attacked in the tailwind section, and, sadly, I was gapped. I chased hard, catching back on at the bottom of the course, only to be dropped for good on the next surge. Sucks to be me I guess.

Ed Alpasa caught up to me, and we joined forces determined to finish all 5 laps, despite the rain. We did just that. No DNF for me this time.

Up front, Sedgewick and Woell held onto their advantage, finishing 30 seconds clear of the field. The elder Sedgewick won, Woell 2nd. The field sprint was won by Roeser, Zimmermann 4th, Hackworthy 5th.

Results Posted

No comments: