Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Forced Rest Days

I needed some recovery time anyway, so maybe this weather isn't so bad? Carla keeps checking to see if I'm shaking from withdrawal. Very funny.

I was thinking about doing Oxbow with Painman this weekend, but they got a lot of snow. I wonder what the conditions will be like?

Thanks to some friendly needling from Nickelnuts, I'm racing Cat 1/2/3 at Durand. I mixed it up with the big boys last year at Marty, and paid the price. I'm expecting to get schooled a bit, but I find it healthy to enter with low expectations, and then maybe exceed them.

I spent the last 2 days breaking down and cleaning the drive train on my 2 road bikes plus Jordan's. Still have my TT bike to go. My hands have permanent grease stains.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

paid a price at Marty? you were in the break all day!

JimmerC said...

Sure, but we were off the front for the middle 4 laps, not the last 4. Hence, the price.

Unknown said...

you were 35+ but you were a cat 1-2 that day.. we got caught on the last lap.. that was a good race.. i didn't drink enough