Saturday, March 01, 2008

Take Your Son to a Bar Night

We were in downtown Mpls already for the LSC get together at the Fixx, so a bunch of us headed over to the final coldsprints at Grumpy's Bar. This is after I had decided earlier in the week that it would not be an appropriate environment for Jordan. Then I thought, it couldn't be any worse than the environment at Donimator's LSC party.

The environment was not roudy at all. Not very many roadies, but we did see many of the LGR crew, along with Hollywood, Kristy, Timmer, and Hareland. Painman, Red Lantern, A-Train, Stamm, Skibby, Olga were there too. I asked Jordan if he wanted to do the qualifier, and his immediate response was no. A short time later, he changed his mind, and jumped on. That was enough to convince myself, Skibby, and A-train to give it a go too.

Jordan qualified 16th with a distance of 1226 feet.

I qualified 15th with a distance of 1228 feet.


The effort was very hard, and I was lucky not to hurt myself. The top 16 made the head to head 500m rounds. I drew the 7th seed, and actually beat him, mostly because he got mixed up and rode poorly. Jordan drew the 8th seed, and was narrowly beaten. Jordan had the last laugh at my expense as his 500m time was a full second faster than mine. Well done Jordo.

I matched up against A-train in the 2nd round, and he whooped my butt. He made it all the way to the finals, and finished his customary 2nd.

2 comments:

Tone Coughlin said...

Hey, good job Jordan! Pretty soon you'll be right behind the old man on the track!

OTR said...

"he whooped my butt" - That's a first and probably last!

My knee hurts.