Sunday, March 30, 2008

Training Camp Prep Ride



We wanted to get a longer, hilly training ride in before heading for camp next week, and Sunday was the day. Thankfully, the rain an snow held off, and 7 of us rode to Hagar City and back. Jordan, Painman, Treb, Kullman, Dan and Dave Meyer, and Jimmer.

Painman was riding his brand new Specialized Tarmac SL2, weighing all of 15.7lbs., for the first time. Pretty sweet ride. Jordan was sporting his new "White" bar tape, which turned purple from his gloves over the course of the ride. I did warn him.

30 miles into the ride, my rear derailleur cable broke at the lever. This has happened to me no less than 3 times previously, and I change my cables every year. The sad thing is I thought about swapping out the cable Saturday night, but I figured I'd wait till after camp. Big mistake. Luckily, I have the greatest wife EVER, and she met us with a new cable, and we were able to continue with almost no delay. Your a life saver Carla, I owe you big time!

The Meyers broke for home as we continued south to Hagar City, and started hitting the hills. Our rest stop came just in time. We were starving. We took the highway all the way back to Prescott, and then rode Treb back home to Woodbury before heading back to Hudson. We kept the group together very well, and we were all flying the team colors too. I was most impressed with Jordan, who was still dropping the hammer on the hills, even after 90 miles. Thanks to everyone for joining us on the ride. See you at camp.

One final note. We got home, and Carla had dinner ready and waiting. Jordan and I are 2 of the luckiest guys in the world. We love you Carla.

6 comments:

StevenCX said...

Jordan's getting big.

Anonymous said...

Great ride.

Tenacious T said...

Stop breaking stuff...you're making me feel inadequate!

Lunatic Biker said...

Carla, sounds like Cullen owes you a Mongo sized shopping trip. I ain't talkin' about Kohl's either.

SickBoy said...

so when do those intervals for you and jordo kick in?

Anonymous said...

"60-80", yeah right. Wish I could have made it.