Monday, August 09, 2010

My Little Girl is a Senior in High School!

Maren and boyfriend Charlie, Prom 2010.


No question that my daughter, Maren, doesn't get enough press from me. I can't make up for lost time, but I want to share her accomplishments and aspirations for which I am most proud.

Personality:
Maren is very genuine. Her outgoing persona and charisma have led her to make many long lasting friendships. She is a very thoughtful and caring person.

Talent:
Maren is a very talented singer and actress. She is a member of the exclusive Hudson High School Chamber Choir, and has already acted in 3 different plays, "Beauty and the Beast", "Willy Wonka", and "You Can't Take it With You". She is set to audition for 2 upcoming local plays, "Hello Dolly" and "Snow White".

Education:
To say Maren is smart is an understatement. She is modest about her good grades, and excellent study habits. Her tenacity led her to retaking the ACT after she was unhappy with her initial score. Her score improved enough to give her a great chance at getting into the college of her choice. I'm proud to say my alma matter, the University of MN, is her first choice. She is planning on a double major in Biology and Psychology. I am so impressed with her drive and direction!

Work Ethic:
Maren is a whiz at retail clothing sales. Her fashion sense, and outgoing personality make her a delight to work with. She currently works at an upscale fashion store in Woodbury called Elodie. Pay her a visit sometime. You won't be disappointed.

I'm so proud of you Maren! Keep up the hard work.

No comments: