Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sun, Wind, Rain, and a Ride Home


Jordan and I got a later start today than we would have liked. I slept in, and did my chores before the ride. The wind was as strong as the last few days, and we fought it all the way down to Prescott. The sun was out at the start, but we could see the storm clouds moving in from the west. There were a few raindrops on our way down, but not too bad. However, I wasn't counting on the temperature drop. It was 80 when we started, and about 60 when we got to Prescott. We only had shorts and a jersey on. We re-fueled (yes, Jordan had another Hot Dog) and headed out to ride home. Brrrr. Then we saw Charlie Townsend packing up his car after his ride. Lucky dog.

If it was just me, I probably would have just put the bit between my teeth and gutted it out. But I'm not going to let Jordan freeze. I called Carla for a ride home, and she was more than happy to pick us up. She's the greatest. I did still consider riding, but I had also forgotten my saddle bag, and I wasn't going to make Carla come and get me again if I got a flat. I got what I needed for a recovery ride anyway.

No comments: