Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Black Dog Recap


Jordan rode a 19:44, his fastest time by almost a minute. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could all see that kind of improvement, even just once and a while?

I rode a 15:29. My slowest time since 1999. I can come up with a ton of excuses, but bottom line is I didn't have it tonight. The profile of the chart looks good to me in terms of heart rate vs. speed. I'm not sure about the speed blip at the end. I think the GPS lost signal under the bridge.

Hanna came out on top in the throwdown with a 15:30. Donimator rode a 16:06. Times in general were slower than normal, likely due to the East wind. Mulrooney scored the win with a 14:43, with Casper 2nd in 14:47. Nobody else broke 15:00. Congrats Timmer.

Treb and I rode the Tandem after our solo efforts. We completely missed our start time. It was the first ride on the tandem this year, and the first time Treb had ridden as stoker. His position is ackward, since I couldn't raise the seat enough, and the shifting was off a bit, since I just replaced the cables. Nonetheless, we managed a 14:20, which got recorded as a 19:57 due to our missed start.

To add insult to injury, I blew my Tufo Clincher Tubular on my new Renn disc during the warm-down. $80 down the drain. At least it didn't happen during the race. I'm unimpressed with the Tufo, and am switching to a standard clincher tire.

5 comments:

SickBoy said...

Missed my start time too.... 15:17 gets recorded as a 16:12. damn.

you guys were haulin' on that tandem though.

Skibby said...

missed my start time also!

Lunatic Biker said...

Sorry I missed the festivities but Ma and I did a 16 flat on the Dragger recently.

Anonymous said...

Missed your start time, what kind of a knuckle head move is that.

Skibby said...

the hardest part about doing a time trial? besides admitting to your parents that you're gay, is making the start time...