Saturday, January 26, 2008

First Prescott Loop of 2008


Warmer temps today prompted Jordan and I to ride the Prescott Loop for the first time this year. We opted for the snowmobile trails to Afton, which was very slow going, but good for working on power and bike handling. Jordan surprised me for the Afton State Park Prime, jumping away from me at the top of the hill. I tried to follow, but just couldn't. He's starting to scare me.

Our typical stop at the Freedom Station in Prescott for Cheddarwursts and Coke. We goofed around a bit headed out of Prescott. Jordan gave me a shove, and later I gave him a good shove, right into a snowbank. Then I managed to go down on a back road, and Jordan just laughed and laughed. I fell hard enough to knock my Garmin off. Luckily, I noticed a little ways down the road, and went back for it.

At our River Falls stop, Jordan tried a new energy drink called "NOS". He didn't like it much, but for $3, he was required to finish it. Less than a mile from home, I managed to get a flat tire. I was trying to ride it home when Carla and Maren drove up. I loaded into the car while Jordan rode home. Jordan flew home to make sure he beat us there, and he did. What an awesome ride. Looking forward to the Stone Arch/318 ride and the MCF banquet Sunday.

1 comment:

Kevin Gilmore said...

What are you using for an external power source for your Edge? I've got a usb battery which works well. I store it in my saddle bag and run a thin cable from it to my Edge. I find the Edge is only good for maybe 90 minutes at around 5 above...but then that's all I'm good for too.