Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Black Dog #3 - Sub 15min, then Sub 14min.

So cute, they bring a tear to my eye...

Finally, a calm night at Black Dog. The conditions helped me finally break the 15-min barrier solo, clocking a 14:50. Jordan got back on track to accomplishing the same, just missing it, with a new PR of 15:01. Carla also had a PR by over 20 seconds.

The cake frosting on the night was finally breaking the 14-min barrier on the tandem, with none other than Jordan. We clocked a 13:47. Dan Casper was our 30-second guy. I didn't think we would catch him, but Jordan thought differently. When he saw we closed on the way out, Jordan buried it on the way back, and we caught Dan with less than a mile to go. Dan still ripped a 14:21, which is amazing considering how hard he rode at the State Fair Crit just 1 day earlier. Below is a breakdown of my exploits on the Tandem with various partners over the years:

Stoker - Year - Time
--------------------
Jordan Cullen - 2009 - 13:47
John Baker - 2006 - 14:00
Chad Macy - 2008 - 14:08
Dave Zimmerman - 2009 - 14:20
Linda Sone - 2009 - 14:28
Carla Cullen - 2008 - 16:04
Maren Cullen - 2008 - 16:08

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Ray and Debbie have the same height discrepency as Jim and me. Just remember...good things come in small packages!!
Carla

All The Way Ray said...

Yes, you have ridden with some pretty fast people so it was quite the accomplishment. I really had a great time.

ghost said...

Sorry about what I said when you passed me...forgot I wasn't speaking to two grownups at that speed...

All The Way Ray said...

I'll have to Battalion Chief speak to you, Ghost.